- What We Offer
- Electrical Engineering Division
Electrical Engineering Division
Three Phase Induction Motor Trainer
|Data Signal||Supplied measuring instrument with data logger|
|Input Voltage||3Phase 415V|
|Direct Voltage||300 V|
|Direct Current||20 A|
|Alternate Voltage||450 V|
|Alternate Current||20 A|
This laboratory is focused on the topic of the generation, the distribution and the utilization of the electrical energy, used for both industry and domestic applications.
The trainer is composed of a set of modules for the simulation of the various subsystems forming a complete electrical power system, from power generation to energy utilization.
A complete elaborative setup
1. Perform No-load test and
Blocked rotor test on a
Motor and to derive its
2. Determination of the
of a three-phase induction
motor by Load test.
3. Vary the speed of three
phase induction motor by
varying voltage and change
the direction of rotation
??? Input: 3-phase AC, 415 V
Open Electrical Machine Lab - Automatic Configuration
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
|Uses||in Electrical Engineering Lab|
|MEASURING UNIT||MECHANICAL POWER DIGITAL MEASURING UNIT|
|ELECTRICAL MEASURING UNIT||ELECTRICAL POWER DIGITAL MEASURING UNIT|
|DAQ SOFTWARE||SOFTWARE FOR THE ELECTRICALMACHINES LABORATORY|
Open Electrical Machine Lab - AUTOMATIC CONFIGURATION
THIS SYSTEM IS A COMPLETE SET OF COMPONENTS AND MODULES SUITABLE FOR ASSEMBLING THE
ROTATING ELECTRIC MACHINES, BOTH FOR DIRECT CURRENT AND FOR ALTERNATING CURRENT.
STUDENTS CAN PERFORM A CRITICAL AND WELL ANALYZED ASSEMBLY, IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE
PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES BEFORE PERFORMING PRACTICAL TESTS OF THE OPERATING CHARACTERISTICS.
THE SYSTEM IS SUPPLIED AT LOW VOLTAGES IN ORDER TO PREVENT THE RISK OF ACCIDENTS.
HOWEVER, THE MACHINES HAVE FULLY INDUSTRIAL FEATURES.
The OPENLAB system, in its automatic configuration, is composed of:
• A set of components DL 10280
• Motor driven AC/DC power supply DL 10017
• Mechanical power measurement module DL 10050N
• A load cell 100 N DL 2006D
• Electrical power measurement module DL 10065N (2)
• Motor driven resistive load unit DL 10045
• An adapter bracket DL 10284
• A pole changing module DL 10185
• A locking and rotating device DL 10285
• A parallel board DL 10310
• Electromagnetic brake DL 10300A
• Star/Delta starter DL 10116
• Starting and synchronization DL 10125
• Motor driven power supply for brake DL 10306
• Data acquisition and processing software for electric machines DL 8330SW
• Computerized data acquisition system via USB DL 1893
• Power supply module
It includes the following components:
1. Base plate
2. Supports with bearing
3. Coupling joints
4. Flexible coupling
5. Electronic speed transducer
6. Assembling screws
8. DC stator
9. AC stator
10. Rotor with commutator
11. Brush holder with 2 brushes
12. Cage rotor
13. Ring rotor
14. Brush holder with 6 brushes
Besides, a magnetic probe is foreseen to display the magnetic fields and a transparent covering, for safety
reasons, prevents students from the accidental contact with the rotating parts.
Open Electrical Machine Lab
|Model Name/Number||OPEN LAB|
|I Deal In||New and Second Hand|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
|Brush Holder||3+3 Brushes|
Whole unit should to assembled & disassembled very easily:
- Four removable bearing housing
- Elastic buffer
- Optical speed transducer
- Clamping screws
- DC stator with salient poles
- AC stator with three-phase winding
- Commutator rotor
- Brush holder with two brushes
- Squirrel cage rotor
- Slip-ring rotor
It must be possible the realization of the following experiments :
- Main poles
- Main magnetic field
- Intensity of the magnetic field
- Induced voltage
- Interpole effect
- No-load magnetic neutral axis
- Rotating magnetic field
- Three-phase rotating field
- Single-phase rotating field
It is also possible to perform tests and measurements on the electric machines of the OPENLAB system through a data acquisition and processing system composed of a dedicated software in LabView environment, an interface to PC and a set of suitable motor driven modules for the control of the parameter and interfaceable modules for the acquisition of data. The following table shows the changes in modules that is necessary to make to the system in order to obtain a fully automatic data acquisition and processing system with the OPENLAB components. All the substituting modules come from the Microlab electric
Electrical Machine Trainer
Our electrical machine trainer is a novel effort to make the long prevailing screwdriver technology of educating students, a thing of the past.
By way of this trainer that comes with 2 stators & 2 rotors students and teachers are capacitated to assemble and operate all types of A.C. & D.C. MOTORS effortlessly enabling them to unravel the various intricacies of electrical machine technology.
This trainer is indispensable in so far as it gives the forthcoming generation of engineering experts a chance to view their theoretical concepts perfectly synchronize with the practical know how of assembling & dismantling machines.
More so, the trainer brings to them 54 assembly experiments to familiarize them with the construction, operation and manipulation of all motors dominating every facet of our modern times.
It would not therefore be an exaggeration to state that the trainer is nothing but a manifestation of their very own technical ideas.
The novelty and authenticity of our research has received due certification from SHRI S.K.BHATTACHARYA, Head of Electrical Dept, TECHNICAL TEACHER'S TRAINING INSTITUTE, CHANDIGARH under ministry of HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT.
Advanced Power Electronics Drive Lab
Synchronous Machine Lab
|Output Voltages||+15 V , 0 V , - 15 V|
|Output Current||2,4 A (3 A for a short period)|
|Signal Voltage Range||10 V +10 V|
|Proportional Gain Kp||0 -1000|
|Adjustable Hysteresis||0 +- 2.5 V|
Salient FeaturesA complete elaborative setup for synchronous Machines:
1. To estimate the voltage regulation of an alternator by Synchronous Impedance Method.2. To determine voltage regulation of an alternator using ZPF Method3. To determine OCC and SCC of an alternator and to draw its equivalent circuitPower Circuit
• Input 230 V AC• Full bridge SCR based 220V / 10 Amp output• Supports signal conditioning circuit for smooth supply for machine.• System furnishes its DC Requirement inbuilt so as no external DC is required
System is divided in three sectionsControlling and Measuring SectionControlling Section consist of Duly markedterminals on a duly engraved insulatedpress board with all accessories asmentioned
Power Electronics Simulation Software (PLECS)
|Features||PLECS tools can be applied to many disciplines of power electronics engineering. Conceived with a t|
|Dedicated solvers||PLECS Standalone comes with an own engine for solving the circuit equations. The user can choose bet|
|Sampled data systems||The simulation engine allows to model sampled data systems,i.e. discrete systems that change only a|
|Interoperability||Simulation models can be exchanged with users of the PLECS Blockset using import and export function|
PLECS® tools can be applied to many disciplines of power electronics engineering. Conceived with a top-down approach in mind, PLECS facilitates the modeling and simulation of complete systems, including power sources, power converters, and loads.
Included with PLECS is a comprehensive component library, which covers the electrical, as well as the magnetic, thermal, and mechanical aspects of power conversion systems and their controls. Power electronics circuits are captured with a schematic editor in a way that is familiar and intuitive for electrical engineers. Typical power electronics components such as semiconductors, inductors and capacitors are placed on the circuit diagram and simply connected by drawing wires.
ETAP - Electrical Power Systems Software
|Power Quality||Harmonic Load Flow|
|Power Quality Interharmonics||Interharmonic modeling & simulation|
|Embedded Analysis Modules||Cable Ampacity,Cable Constants,Cable Sizing,Transmission Line,Cable Manager|
|Renewable Energy||Wind Turbine Generator,Photovoltaic Array|
|Cable Sizing||Ampacity & Sizing,Protective Earthing (PE) Conductor Sizing,Electric Shock Protection|
|Cable Systems||Underground Thermal Analysis,Cable Pulling|
|Ground Grid Systems||Finite Element Method,IEEE 80 & 665 Standards|
|Control System Schematics||DC Control Systems,AC Control Systems|
|Transmission Systems||Line Constants,Line Ampacity,Contingency Analysis,Optimal Power Flow,HVDC Transmission Link|
ETAP Base Package is a set of core tools, embedded analysis modules, and engineering libraries that allow you to create, configure, customize, and manage your system model. Core tools allow you to quickly and easily build 3-phase and 1-phase AC and DC network one-line diagrams with unlimited buses and elements including detailed instrumentation and grounding components.
Base Package includes an intelligent one-line diagram, element editors, verified and validated engineering device libraries, configuration manager, report manager, project and study wizards, multi-dimensional database, theme manager, data exchange, and user access management. Embedded analysis modules, such as Cable Ampacity, Cable Sizing, and Transmission Line Constants, provide integrated as well as stand-alone capabilities to design, analyze, and size equipment.
Network Analysis includes a powerful set of analytical tools that allow for simulation, prediction, design and planning of system behavior utilizing an intelligent one-line diagram and the flexibility of a multi-dimensional database. Network Analysis includes Arc Flash, Short Circuit, Load Flow, Motor Acceleration, and Load Analyzer modules.
Wind Turbine Generator
Model unlimited wind turbine generators
Detailed modeling of turbine dynamics, aerodynamics, & power coefficients
DFIG with pitch & converter controller
Simulate wind disturbance like ramp & gust
Individual or zone-based disturbances
WECC wind turbine models
WTG manufacturer / model library
Support User-defined Dynamic Model controllers
Solar farm modeling
Solar irradiance based on location & time
Performance adjustment coefficients
AC & DC System Analysis
Inverter dynamic modeling & operation modes
Maximum Peak Power Tracking (MPPT)
Constant current source modeling
Model PV systems with individual panels
Model DC cables & combiner boxes
Extensive manufacturer / model library
P-V & I-V curves
Power Electronics Lab
AC-DC conversion - Diodes and SCR
AC-AC conversion - TRIAC and phase control
DC-DC conversion - Chopper and switching supplies
DC-AC conversion - Inverter and frequency converters
DC and AC motor driving
To make some topics, covered in the various laboratories of power electronics, easier and more attractive, De Lorenzo has developed a software that allows studying in automatic mode the subjects concerning diodes and uncontrolled rectifiers, SCR and controlled rectifiers, thyristors and controlled AC/DC converters and induction motor drives. The software is divided in two parts one for power semiconductor devices (diode, SCR and thyristor) and one for variable frequency converter by means of the method of U/F characteristic curve. It is a Windows application that allows user to communicate with Power Electronics configuration through three main devices such as Isolation amplifier unit, PC interface unit and PWM control unit. It allows to work comfortably through a friendly interface, which makes possible to analyze the current configuration, and includes different graphs to monitor performance. It shows up with a very accurate graphic presentation and it is developed in LabVIEW environment.
Power Systems Lab Instruments & Training Systems
|Network||DC Network Analyser|
- Microcontroller based IDMT/DMT type over current relay study trainer.
- Electro mechanical over current relay study trainer (IDMT/)
- Microcontroller based over/under voltage realy study trainer (IDMT/DMT).
- Electro mechanical type over voltage relay study trainer (DMT/IDMT).
- Electro mechanical type under voltage relay study trainer (/IDMT).
- Microcontroller based over/under frequency relay study trainer.
- Microcontroller based earth fault relay study trainer.
- High voltage at transmission line analysis.
- FACTS Study trainer.
- Bucholtz relay study trainer.
- AC transmission line analyser.
- DC Network analyser.
- Electro mechanical type
Electrical Machine Laboratory
|Primary Voltage||24 - 42 - 48 V|
|Secondary Voltage||2 x 12 V|
|Rated Power||50 VA|
|Power Supply||220 V 50/60 Hz|
- Basic autonomous benches with power supplies capable of providing all voltages, in AC or DC, fixed and variable and stabilized in order to develop a course on electrical measurements and electrical machines;
- Universal bases to assemble the machines and to couple them to the other machines of the laboratory;
- Motors, generators, transformers, brakes, RLC loads, instrumentation and accessories to perform any test on electrical machines.
Each electric machine is equipped with a comprehensive training manual showing all tests that can be performed at no-load and load conditions.
High Voltage Engineering Lab & Training Systems
Power Electronics Drives & Control Training Systems
Capacitance Measuring Instrument And Capacitance And Dissipation Factor Tester
|Model Name/Number||TS 1800|
|Usage/Application||Transformer Testing and industrial|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
|LCR measurement range||L - 20H(2kV)|
|LCR measurement accuracy||0.1%|
|High voltage output||0.5KV~10KV|
ts1800 measures the capacitance and dielectric loss factor (tgδ) of high voltage electric equipment. it is integrated structure, built-in dielectric loss test bridge, variable frequency adjustable power supply, boosting transformer and sf6 standard capacitor.
high voltage source is generated by internal inverter of the instrument, which is used for testing test object after transformer boost. if adding a insulation cup and temperature control device, dielectric loss of insulating oil can be tested.
- touch lcd screen display.
- calendar chip and large storage inside. save testing result according to time order, check history record and print the result.
- the instrument data can be exported through u disk, and can be used to view and manage the data through the software on pc.
- multiple testing mode, with modes of inside high voltage, outside high voltage, inner standard, external standard, gst/ust, self-excitation. high voltage(more than 10kv) dielectric loss test can be made in the situation of external standard outside high voltage.
- test full sealed cvt (capacitive voltage transformer) c1 and c2 dielectric loss and capacitance at the same time. also test cvt transformation ratio and voltage angle difference.
- the dielectric loss and capacitance value of c0 in the upper end of cvt can be measured by using the reverse shielding method.
- high speed sampling signal. inverter and sampling circuit inside are digitized controlled. output voltage is adjusted continuously.
- lcr automatic measurement. Inductance, capacitance, resistance can be measured and displayed.
- multiple protection of input voltage fluctuation, output short circuit, over-voltage, over-current, temperature, secure and reliable. meanwhile, it has the function of grounding testing, that voltage boost is not permitted for non-grounding equipment.
- no need to dismantle hv lead to measure dielectric loss and capacitance of cvt.
- frequency can be changed into 50hz, 47. 5hz/52. 5hz, 45hz/55hz, 60hz, 57. 5hz/62. 5hz, 55hz/65hz.
Oil Filtration And Treatment Of Transformer Oil
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
|Working Vacuum Degree||-0.08 to -0.099|
|Power Supply||380 VAC, 3 Phase, 50 Hz (or as per your requirements)|
The machine TS-50L can effectively remove moisture, gas and impurities in the insulating oil, improve the pressure resistance of the oil and the quality of the oil, to ensure the safe operation of the power equipment. It is mainly used in the power sector and industrial and mining enterprises to deal with unqualified transformer oil, transformer oil, switch oil and so on.
- Small size and high efficiency, easy to move. It is especially suitable for live working on site. It also can dry the moisture of power equipment, and conveniently vacuum the power equipment.
- Infrared liquid level automatic control device, system pressure automatic protection device and high-efficiency degassing components are adopted in the structure. The operation is convenient and safe.
- Capacity: 50L/min.
- When the vacuum pump is working, pay attention to the oil condition indicated by the oil mark (the oil should be on the oil mark line). When the water is much in the vacuum pump oil, the oil should be replaced in time.
- When operation, if there is more water in the cooler, it should be released in time.
- Always pay attention to the change of pressure gauge value. When the pressure is >0.3Mpa, the filter should be cleaned, or the filter element replaced.
- The filter screen of the primary filter, the secondary filter and the fine filter should be removed and cleaned frequently, and kept clean to avoid blockage, that resulting in insufficient oil or excessive pressure.
- During operation, pay attention to whether the running noise of the pump and the corresponding motor is normal. If abnormal, it should be eliminated immediately.
- When the machine is not in use, the residual oil in the oil machine should be put out for use.
Instrumentation and Transducer Lab / Training Systems
- The control training systems effectively addresses the need to teach students the complexities of production control technology, by providing complete training solutions covering the following areas: Motor control systems Transducer and Instrumentation Programmabl
- D1750 is a rugged self-contained panel trainer with a steel case and integral power supplies. It provides a range of transducer input and output devices together with associated instrumentation circuitry, The transducer and signal conditioning elements of this trainer are typical of those used throughout industry, These elements include.
- OUTPUT DEVICES :For the generation of heat, light, rotary and linear actions, audible and ultrasonic sound and visual indication of voltage, time and number of event
- INSTRUMENTATION CIRCUITRY :For the investigation of Wheatstone Bridges and current. measurement techniques, Linear and non-linear signal amplification, closed and open loop control, one, two and three term (PID) control, DC restoration of AC signals, signal transmission techniques and alarm generation. The comprehensive competency-based curriculum manual provided with the D1750 covers the following topic areas :
Virtual Instrumentation Lab Board
Electronics Explorer Board:
- All-in-one circuit design station powered by WaveForms™ soft
- 2 programmable reference voltages
- 2-channel Arbitrary Waveform Generator
- Triple-Output Power Supply (two programmable)
- 32-Channel Logic Analyzer
- Discrete digital I/O’s (buttons, switches, LEDs, etc)
Control Systems Laboratory
|Position Control System||DC Motor|
- Computer Based Analog & Digital Motor Control Teaching Systems
- DC Servo motor control system & PID Controller
- DC Motor Position Control System.
- DSP Based DC Servo motor position control system.
- MATLAB Based Control Systems Trainer
- Controller for Linear Induction Motor & Inverted Pendulum.
- Digital Control System.
- Digital Simulation of Linear Systems.
- Temperture Control Systems.
- Relay Control Systems.
Motor Design Software
Opera-2d offers functionality for designing most radial flux machines in two dimensions, by using the assumption that for the majority of the length of the machine a Cartesian (XY) cross-sectional analysis accurately defines the behaviour.
Opera-3d supplies three dimensional modelling, essential when:
- the length of the machine is short compared to the radius
- the rotor and stator lengths are substantially different and this cannot be adequately compensated for by changes in material properties
- axial flux paths exist that significantly affect the performance
- more accurate representations of the end windings/induced current return paths are needed
Depending on the geometrical complexity and symmetry, users have the option of using either Opera-2d or Opera-3d. Statics, Steady-state and Transient with motion Opera’s Static solver provides an accurate representation of the electromagnetic behaviour of the machine. This is useful for certain types of machines where the fields can be considered as ‘frozen’ in time (as in the case of DC machines) or travelling at the same speed as the rotor (Synchronous Machines), Users can deploy the Steady-state (timevarying AC) solvers for machine analyses that include time varying fields, for example the induction machine or torque vs. slip characterisation.
By using the Transient with motion solvers, users can analyse completely the real-world performance of any machine. This also includes analysis of the effects of mechanical coupling. Losses Opera’s range of solvers allow users to evaluate Iron losses (including eddy current, hysteresis and excess/rotational components) for any type of machine. This can be done using Fourier methods with losses described by Steinmetz based formulations or directly from manufacturers curves. Users can calculate copper losses simply from the current flowing in simulated windings. Opera’s hysteresis solver gives users the ability to obtain explicit hysteresis losses (including rotational component losses and eddy current losses) by explicitly defining the materials’ conductivities. Any loss quantity can be used as a heat source in 2D or 3D? thermal analyses.